Divorce Law Firm Grand Rapids
Divorce attorneys may look good on paper, having attended all the right schools and are members of all the right board. But that doesn’t mean they can win cases when they go to court or can negotiate a settlement in your favor. Sarnacki Law Firm in Grand Rapids has top-rated divorce lawyers who are passionate about their jobs and work diligently on your behalf. Below, we’ll examine some of the characteristics to look for when looking for an excellent divorce attorney. Contact us today to get started!
CHARACTERISTICS OF DIVORCE ATTORNEY
- Compassionate. Being in the family law arena where you are involved in some of the most intimate areas of a person’s life, from marriage and divorce to child custody and spousal support, a good divorce attorney has to be able to relate to their clients on a personal level.
- Composure. Because emotions run so high in divorce and family law cases, a good divorce attorney, such as Sarnacki Law Firm in Grand Rapids, never loses his or her temper in the midst of an emotional outbreak, stays cool and calm when a storm breaks loose, and remains hopeful even when your case takes a turn for the worse. He or she also will be able to translate calming emotions and reassurance to his or her client when the client becomes emotional.
- Confident. For all attorneys, but for divorce attorneys in general, confidence plays a big part in front of a judge. Knowing how to be assertive and authoritative without being pompous and condescending is a balance hard to come by in divorce attorneys. Also, you need a divorce attorney who is able to handle the intense pressure of the negotiating table or the courtroom without becoming nervous, shaking, or otherwise messing up in important ways.
- Experience. You want a divorce attorney who has in essence seen it all. The last thing you want is for your divorce attorney to be surprised in the middle of the courtroom. Furthermore, an experienced divorce attorney is familiar with common tactics used by opposing divorce attorneys and will be ready to counter. Having experience can make a huge difference in the outcome of your divorce case. Sarnacki Law Firm in Grand Rapids has over 30 years of experience in handling divorce and family law issues.
- Honesty. At Sarnacki Law Firm in Grand Rapids, we are passionate about honesty, and we promise to never mislead you about your divorce case. If you are likely to win, we’ll tell you. If you’re not, we’ll let you know, as well as the reasons why we think so. That doesn’t mean we won’t fight for you with everything we have; we just approach your divorce case in a realistic manner, being prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.
- Availability. Does your divorce lawyer return your phone call right away? Does he or she have thorough answers to your questions or do you feel your concerns are being dismissed or your divorce attorney is too busy to attend to your case fully? When interviewing potential divorce attorneys for your case, pay attention to how you and your concerns are treated and how attentive the divorce attorney is. This will tell you in part how hard the divorce lawyer will work for you.
- Professionalism. You want a divorce attorney who doesn’t sink to low levels when the going gets tough, who shows up on time to your appointment, dispositions, and especially court and negotiations, who meets deadlines, and is respectful always.
- Communication. You’ll need a divorce attorney who can communicate the nuances of your case in not only a professional manner, but also in a heart manner. Sympathy and empathy are extremely strong human emotions, and when your divorce lawyer can make others feel for your case, they will be swayed to your side. Communication is also key in the negotiation process. Your divorce lawyer needs to make sure what you want is clearly communicated to the opposite party and articulated to the judge, especially in intricate cases with lots of moving parts.
Sarnacki Law Firm in Grand Rapids offers top-notch divorce lawyer representation to clients in all areas of divorce, such as collaborative divorce, mediation, and no-fault divorce. Contact us today to get started!